Our ambition for Kingfisher is to become the leading Home Improvement company and our purpose to create Better Homes, Better Lives for millions of people in Europe+. We will develop a complete, Unique and Unified Home Improvement offer based on customer insights.
Within our Group Range function our goal is to design, develop and edit a unique and unified, coordinated range of solutions that help millions of people to improve their home outside and in.
We work with Group Insights to understand our customers and how they live, as well as researching markets, locations and emerging trends. This helps us to build our ranges by focusing on meeting customer needs and simplifying our offer to avoid duplication and complexity.
We develop our own unique brands, managing everything from design to packaging and strategy. Our solutions are high quality, low cost and long-lasting. They are easy to build and install and combine sustainable choices with best economics possible.
We are looking for a Product Lead to join our team! As a Product Lead you will build a unique and competitive offer aligned with our Kingfisher business strategy. You’ll be leading the range creation and implementation for your range which will be sold in each of our operating companies across nine countries in Europe.
This is a high-profile role with a range that generates excitement with both our internal stakeholders and customers. There’s enormous potential for innovation and we’re looking for someone up for a challenge. Someone from a Buying and/or Product Development background will certainly thrive in this role, but don’t be mistaken, what we’re doing within Kingfisher is different and exciting! The role of a Product Lead will encompass the end to end ownership of the range creation, management and delivery in line with the business strategy. This will involve leading the unification and tendering process for your range as well as developing new and exciting own brand products.
Be assured no day will be the same but if we were to detail what some of your accountabilities will be, it looks something like this…
- Defining and interpreting customer insight requirements across all our locations working with our Kingfisher insight team; using these insights you will create and maintain a compelling, unique and competitive range and project manage all unified projects from concept through to delivery across all our Kingfisher brands and countries.
- Lead a cross functional expert team including designers, engineers, quality, brand, packaging etc and build and maintain a strong network with local market teams. This is a brief insight into what will be a fulfilling and exciting role, contributing to one of the largest transformations to take place within a multi-national retailer.
- Attend relevant exhibitions and shows to ensure that latest innovations and developments in market are understood and incorporated where appropriate
- Identify requirements for product development projects by using the Business/Category direction and all the customer insights gained. Brief internal/external designers as required to bring new products to market
- Responsible for the sales and margin performance of the category for Kingfisher
We’re looking for experienced and enthusiastic people who want to continue to accelerate their career and are passionate about product and customers! We’re looking for someone who has experience in a retail environment/ large retailer with category management experience. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to work to design briefs and design costs, utilise customer insights/data and project/change manage where required. You will need to flexible to travel on occasions to visit other Kingfisher locations internationally and be a strong and confident communication that is proficient in business English.
What's in for me ?
Becoming part of Kingfisher is a fantastic opportunity, we want to be able to provide our employee’s with roles that engage them, alongside a competitive benefits package that allows our employees to feel a valued part of our team.