We want to create good homes by making home improvement accessible for everyone. Our ambition is to become the leading home improvement company. We are investing in working better together, to make the most of our scale and to better serve our customers. One of the ways we’ll achieve our ambition is by developing and delivering a range of home improvement products based on customer insights that will be available across all of our 9 brands in 6 countries. We’ve started our transformation journey and are investing significantly to make our ambition a success. Over the past 18 months we have already made great progress with new ranges already available in all our stores.
The aim of the Product quality team is to analyse and test the products for sale within the Kingfisher Markets, from own brand ranges, key competitors and leading brands; and to define the quality and specification for a range of products, to suit the customers’ and commercial needs.
As the Quality and Production Engineer, you will report to the Sourcing Production Manager.
The main responsibility of this role is to supervise delivery of products: on time, in agreed volume and agreed quality by :
- Perform Factory Validation Audit in order to verify quality, production capability and capacity management in suppliers factories, ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions and monitor progress.
- Make design recommendations for materials, manufacturing methods and component selections.
Handle QA part in business projects independently.
Independently perform product implementation quality process for assigned projects and ensure products and associated packaging and instruction manuals meet quality, legal and safety requirements.
The Quality and Production Engineer will also liaise with internal and external QA personnel to ensure QA specifications, requirements for Defect Classification List (DCL), other documentation and procedures are meet.
- Ensure quality sourcing procedures are fully understood and implemented by suppliers, inspection and test agents.
- Manage reference samples approval on behalf of the company upon required procedures
Work closely with Sourcing, Supply Chain to ensure assigned tasks are completed on-time and shipments OTIF.
- Liaise with Inspection Agencies and QC inspectors to ensure effective QC inspection before delivery.
Occasionally, he/she will conduct During Production Inspections and pre-shipment inspections followed by relevant report.
- Write/compile engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including A3 reports, BOM (Bill of Materials), control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
- Manage QMT database and trackers efficiently, ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
Investigate customer complaints, cooperate with suppliers in order to find root cause and based on it create and implement preventive actions.
- Evaluate new and existing product, their packaging and production processes to identify - opportunities for their continuous improvement and Cost Price Reduction.
Works in collaboration with Range Sourcing, Strategic Sourcing and Sourcing Development teams within the Sourcing matrix
We are looking for passionate candidates with strong experience in quality or technical or production or audit or industry field and degree level in Engineering.
You are able to take the lead, communicate goals in a clear and consistent manner which inspires and enthuses; sets and upholds high standards; provide absolute clarity of outcomes but empowers and trusts people to deliver.
Preferably, you have have the knowledge of quality management systems and audit and understanding of QA and QC methods, problem solving, etc.
You must be an excellent communicator both written and spoken. It will be necessary to be Fluent spoken and written English. Good communication in French and/or one of the following is an advantage: Mandarin, Cantonese, Polish or Turkish.
The successful candidate is also full pedagogy and diplomacy and able to work on own and as part of a team.
You must have Solid QA and Production technical skills and also Lean Management and ISO quality system knowledge, QA and QC methods knowledge. An experience with European standards and directives is an advantage.
What's in for me ?
Becoming part of Kingfisher is a fantastic opportunity, we want to be able to provide our employee’s with roles that engage them, alongside a competitive benefits package that allows our employees to feel a valued part of our team.